What happens when you ask Bozi and Aftabeh to have a conversation with one another?
I use Aftabeh in my works as a tongue-in-cheek symbol of Iranian identity. The poetry line on the Aftabeh print is borrowed from a folk song from the Northern province of Gilan that reads, “Aftebeh, pitcher of water is heavy [to lift],” and speaks to how the small task of carrying a jug of water weighs too much while bearing the sadness of lost love.
Bozi is inspired by the stylized design of a Persian ibex borrowed from a six thousand year old Iranian ceramic beaker, now housed in the Louvre. The text on the Bozi print refers to another humorous Nowruz folk song that is meant to spread holiday cheer and bring a smile to your face in the middle of winter. The line reads, “Why don't you smile Bozi?
- These greeting cards are hand-made, limited edition of 10 linocut relief press prints with etching ink.
- Note that these are not digital prints and each work is slightly different from the other.
- 5" x 7" greeting cards with envelope (inside is blank).
- Ships within 1 week (United States) 2-3 weeks (Worldwide)
Write Your Own Review
- Full refund within 2 weeks of purchase.
- Note that most of my works are not light weight, like T-shirts or jewelry. They’re heavy/fragile ceramics and require a lot of padding materials for safe shipping. This cost in addition to my labor and other expenses are built into the product.
- The shipping prices are not built into my products it goes into USPS pocket not mine nor Alangoo.
- All packages are shipped with USPS Flat Rate: https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm
Box A: Small - 8 11/16” x 5 7/16” x 1 3/4” - $8.30
Box B: Medium - 11 1/4” x 8 3/4” x 6” - $15.50
Box C: Medium - 12” x 3 1/2” x 14 1/8” - $15.50
Box D: Large - 12” x 12” x 5 1/2” - $21.10
|Shipping country||Standard Shipping||Express Shipping|
|Shipping price||If 2 or more items||Shipping price||If 2 or more items|
|Australia and New Zealand||$38.00||$38.00||NA||NA|