Effective date: Nov 15th 2011
Information Collection and How it is Used
a. What we collect
We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you choose to register with ALANGOO, we will ask you to provide Personal Information such as: your name, mailing address, e-mail address, age, gender (optional), phone number (optional). Depending on which services you choose to use, ALANGOO may require additional information, such as your website URL, payment information, billing address, and other information.
ALANGOO does not store any financial information from you. All personal financial information required to complete your purchase will be securely collected and provided to a third party vendor who will process payments and complete transactions.
If you have provided us with the personal data of another person ('Third Party Personal Data'), you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above or elsewhere) for which their personal data will be processed.
b. When we collect the information
We collect and store Personal Information when you register to use our site, ask a question, complete a form, place an order, or send us an email. While you are not required to submit any information to our site, if you do not provide the requested information, you may not be able to access or use some of the features and functions of our site and we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
c. What we use the information for
ALANGOO uses your Personal Information to complete transactions, for identification and authentication, service improvement, contact, research, respond to your requests, deliver the products and services you request. We may also notify you of promotions, updates, or special offers that are relevant to you. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions that appear in every ALANGOO email, or contact us at Admin@ALANGOO.com, to modify subscriptions.
ALANGOO will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. Your information may be combined with information ALANGOO collects from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to participate in these programs, you may opt-out by e-mailing Admin@ALANGOO.com
d. How we protect your information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- ALANGOO automatically keeps records of some information on our server from your browser when you visit the site such as your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request. This information is used to help us analyze and understand how the site works for members and visitors. If you would like to stop cookies from being stored on your computer, refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking 'Help' in your browser menu.
E-mails form ALANGOO
- ALANGOO will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for ALANGOO's services. Receipt of this email is required for using the services.
- ALANGOO will send you service-related announcements on some occasions when it is necessary to do so.
- You may not opt-out of service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you wish to no longer receive e-mail communication from us, you may deactivate your account by emailing Admin@ALANGOO.com from the email address you signed up with.
- ALANGOO may periodically email you with administrative messages.
- ALANGOO offers subscriptions to our email newsletters. To join the newsletter, ALANGOO will ask for your email address. You may unsubscribe by following the instruction at the bottom of each email.
Cookies and IP Addresses
We may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device, when you visit our site. Please note, we do not tie the IP address to users’ personal data
Comments and Interactions
If you leave comments on ALANGOO and communicate with sellers via our built-in service, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by others or could be used to send you unsolicited messages. ALANGOO is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Disclosing Your Information
- ALANGOO is affiliated with a variety of businesses (i.e. artist) and works closely with them. These businesses may operate stores on the ALANGOO website or sell items to you from the ALANGOO website. ALANGOO may also provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. Due to the nature of ALANGOO’s business model, when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, you will share customer information that is related to such transaction with that affiliated business.
- ALANGOO employs other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and needs to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. Examples include but are not limited to fulfilling orders, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and ALANGOO's ability to keep the community free from bad actors, ALANGOO will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order, legal process, or substantially similar legal procedure, except when ALANGOO believes in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect ALANGOO's rights, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
You may change your ALANGOO Account Information (except your email address associated with your account and your username), at any time. If you need to change your email address and user ID, please email us at Support@ALANGOO.com,com and we will take care of it.
You may delete your ALANGOO account by emailing Support@ALANGOO.com. Please note that your name, email address, billing and contact information may remain in ALANGOO's records for some period.
ALANGOO limits access to personal information about you to employees whom we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you. Your ALANGOO account information is password-protected.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. Your ALANGOO account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while ALANGOO strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, ALANGOO cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have questions or suggestions you can send an e-mail to ALANGOO’s Admin at Admin@ALANGOO.com, or by writing to: ALANGOO Admin – 122 West 27th Street, 7th Fl. New York, NY 10001