Why don't you smile Bozi? is an ongoing sculptural series that I started in 2013. The series is inspired by the stylized design of a Persian ibex borrowed from a six thousand year old Iranian ceramic beaker. In the Persian language "bozi" means little goat, and the title of the work refers to a humorous folk song that was meant to spread holiday cheer and put a momentary smile on frozen faces of people. Using the same fascinating and ancient metal casting techniques to create my larger sculptural works, I made a limited edition of wearable Bozi sculptures.
The first edition of Bozi is a limited edition of ten cast silicon bronze pendants. Each piece is made out of a microcrystalline wax model and then molded and poured in molten metal. Each pendant is individually hand polished and rubbed down to achieve a sheen patina. This cast bronze pendant has a crude and ancient quality to it that combines the unpolished nature of ancient arts with sleek modern aesthetics.
- Semi-smooth texture
- Dimensions: 2 1/2 x 1 x 1/4 in (6.5 x 2.5 x 0.5 cm)
- Weighs: 1.3 oz (35 g)
- Ships within 1 week (United States) 2-3 weeks (Worldwide)
Write Your Own Review
- Full refund within 2 weeks of purchase.
- Note that most of my works are not light weight, like T-shirts or jewelry. They’re heavy/fragile ceramics and require a lot of padding materials for safe shipping. This cost in addition to my labor and other expenses are built into the product.
- The shipping prices are not built into my products it goes into USPS pocket not mine nor Alangoo.
- All packages are shipped with USPS Flat Rate: https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm
- Box A: Small - 8 11/16” x 5 7/16” x 1 3/4” - $8.30
Box B: Medium - 11 1/4” x 8 3/4” x 6” - $15.50
Box C: Medium - 12” x 3 1/2” x 14 1/8” - $15.50
Box D: Large - 12” x 12” x 5 1/2” - $21.10
|Shipping country||Standard Shipping||Express Shipping|
|Shipping price||If 2 or more items||Shipping price||If 2 or more items|
|Australia and New Zealand||$38.00||$350.00||NA||NA|